Sometimes you have to believe in something.
Today, it’s pink and one sweet little cupcake recipe. This recipe truly makes just a little batch of cupcakes. 12 standard sized cupcakes and 24 minis.
Perfect for a pink soiree or when you just feel like making cupcakes. Like it just must be done for your well being. I kinda feel that way everyday, so this recipe is perfect. Pinkalicious perfect.
Small Batch Pink Princess Cupcakes
(adapted from The Sweet Little Book of Cupcakes)
makes 12 cupcakes
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2/3 cup, plus 3 tablespoons sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon LorAnn Princess Bakery Emulsion (According to the bottle, this adds a “rich bouquet and a light, nutty taste.” I agree)
2/3 cup whole milk
a few drops red or pink food coloring (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Line 12 muffin tins cups with cupcake liners.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl.
4. In an electric mixer or large bowl, beat the butter on medium high speed until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes) and then gradually add in the sugar and mix well on medium speed.
5. Beat in the egg on medium speed until well blended and then beat in the extracts.
6. Add the flour mixture and the milk to the butter mixture alternatively in 3 steps, beginning and ending with the flour. If using, add the food coloring and blend on low speed until smooth.
7. Pour the batter into the lined cupcake pan, distributing the batter equally (I use a large ice-cream/cookie scoop).
8. Bake for 12 minutes, rotate and bake for 12 minutes more or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Place the pan on a wire rack and cool completely. Frost as desired.
I used a cream cheese frosting for these pink beauties, working from another miniature recipe from the the Sweet Little Book of Cupcakes. Believe me, the small batch will save you from yourself. At least that’s what my autobiography will say!
Small Batch Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon coarse salt (it’s an addiction, I admit that….)
1. In an electric mixer or large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter on medium speed until creamy.
2. Sift the confectioner’s sugar into the butter mixture. Blend on low speed until the sugar begins to incorporate into the butter mixture.
3. Add the vanilla extract and beat on medium high speed until fully incorporated.
When all is said and done, sprinkle with whatever sugar morsel your little pink heart desires and gift (or inhale) away!